Wednesday 12 October 2016

Lili of the Valley DT - James and Daisy

Good Morning Everyone, 
Those of you who visit my blog will know that I love James the bear from Lili of the Valley. I was really happy when he reappeared in digital stamp format. The huge advantage of digital stamps is the fact that you can resize them to suit your project. With that in mind I decided to challenge myself to colour an A4 sized James and Daisy.
And here he is...
I printed him onto A4 card and coloured him with promarkers. I then framed him in a cream mount which is 20" x 16".It was quite a daunting prospect but once I got started, it was exactly the same as colouring a smaller version just using bigger strokes!
Here is a photo of the A4 print alongside a card I made earlier to give you an idea of the size. The card is 6" square.

I really enjoyed colouring this and it is now hanging on my daughter's bedroom wall! 

You can find James and Daisy Digi stamp HERE, along with lots of other gorgeous digital images at Lili of the Valley. I wonder which one I could try next?!

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog today
Lorraine x

18 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful CAS design Lorraine, sure you daughter loves it.

B x

thecraftycavalier said...

Aww Lorraine , he is just beautiful! Absolutely fantastic job! Love it :-) Jayne xx

Christine Harrop said...

Wow! I can barely survive colouring a mini image. You have made a fabulous job if this Lorraine. Christine x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

such an adorable image and card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful, love the idea of mounting it on the wall.

Stamps and Paper said...

He's adorable Lorraine and beautifully coloured

Anne

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Lorraine.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lorraine what a great idea! I bet James looks wonderful hanging on your daughters wall!
Hugs Lynsey x

chrissy xx said...

Wow! He's turned out AMAZING! Lorraine..
LOve your colouring.
Chrissyxx

cuilliesocks said...

Really beautiful Lorraine, I can imagine a James that size would be daunting to colour, I'm sure it looks lovely in your daughter's bedroom,Kate x

cotnob said...

This is stunning Lorraine, you have coloured him beautifully.
Pauline
x

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Lorraine..James is adorable and I like to play qwith digital images to make art work too..fabulous colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

I am sooooo impressed Lorraine, although I shouldn't be as your colouring is always perfect!! Lucky Emma!! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yes it looks huge! I can imagine how daunting that must have been but you have created a beautiful wall hanging for your daughters room.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

WOW awesome project Lorraine James looks so cute I think it is brilliant that you have framed him
hugs
lorraine x

pinky said...

Amazing job on both Lorraine, you have coloured him so perfectly.

Anne said...

What a brilliant idea Lorraine. Didn't quite appreciate the scale until I saw the picture of the card alongside!
Have a good weekend
Anne x

Wendy said...

Adorable, so beautifully coloured Lorraine
Wendy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...